Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm Back! (Sort of)

I have had many inquiries about my website, www.dickpowell.net and whether I have chosen to shut it down. The answer is NO, a million times NO. 

In April, I planned a tribute to my friend Bob Powell on the anniversary of his death. That morning, I logged onto the website to update, and it was down.  While I was frustrated, this was nothing new to me. The site had gone down for a few days at a time before. I planned to wait it out.

But the site never came back up. I asked my friend, whose server was hosting the website, what was going on, and he informed me that the server crashed and it would be very expensive to fix it.

The crash seemed a mild blessing in disguise, as I was planning my wedding, and the fewer distractions I had, the better. But now that the wedding is over, I am anxious to get back to Dick Powell. So while the site is down, this will be its temporary home.

Thanks for the inquiries. I really appreciate all of your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment